Episode 18 • Fast and Furious 18
It’s a pulse-pounding thrill-ride (but really, the theme is family) as Jeff and Gabe attempt to cover 18 topics in 60 minutes. Among the items discussed:
- our week in acquisitions and repairs
- emails from the teeming masses, including a masterpiece by James Thorpe
- who made that film? check out tinyurl.com/whatisthatfilm
- research and acquisition – Jeff throws a camera at Gabe and he researches it on the spot
- bulk-loading cassettes are a problem!
- Robert Capa and Vivian Maier and mythmaking
- our recommended cameras in the $300 range
- patience and willingness to learn something new
- doing your own printing (darkroom or inkjet)
- focus points
- homemade cameras, 3D printing… the failure of the Reflex, the success of Cameradactyl
- what famous photographer used my camera?
- what’s the sexiest shutter sound? what analog camera provided the shutter sound of the iPhone?
- sprocket holes and fake rebates
- the Leica/Hasselblad mystique – what other cameras have an “aura”?
- pricey new films – Open That Film Night!
- love to Mike Gutterman and Rachel + Constance Mallory Brewster-Wright
- our upcoming camera giveaway! and our banner and stickers